Monday, November 26, 2007

Deconstructed /Reconstructed Doilys


I hope that everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday! I spent my time enjoying family, great food, (none of which I was responsible for cooking... to which I am greatly thankful!) and participating in a wonderful, grass roots effort, the Community Arts Market in Lancaster's historic Eastern Market.

This week in my Etsy shop, I will be posting some of my Deconstructed/Reconstructed Doilies. Each one is made up of various bits and pieces of vintage textiles including lace, crochet, and embroidery work, along with snippets of fabric and ribbon. I have carefully cut, layered and machined stitched these random elements together to create a unified, organic looking piece of fiber art. Each one can be used on a table top, or hung and framed.

2 comments:

B.B. Bellezza said...

I participated in the Community Arts Market, too! I didn't really take the time to really look around, though. It was one of my first shows, so I kind of stuck at my stand and tried not to be anxious!

tina kugler said...

these are so cool!