Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tagged


I have been tagged by the very sweet Kim, of Persimmons Gal
This is the second time I have been tagged, but I shamefully never responded to the first. I am suppose to list 7 quirky, not to well known facts about myself, then tag 7 other people, so here goes:

1) I am "phone phobic". I have an extremely hard time calling people I am friends with for fear that I may be interrupting them from something they would rather be doing. So I rarely call my friends, (yet am delighted when they call me.) I have no such fear though calling up a stranger to set an appointment, or gather information, etc.

2) Up till very recently my husband and I believed, (and took great pride in) that we had been married by the person who wrote the "I Wish I Were an Oscar Mayer Weiner" jingle. Why did we believe that? Well, we heard it from many people who knew the wonderful person that married us, and I had read it in an interview that this lovely person once gave to a local magazine. However this past summer, we saw a T.V. show about the Oscar Mayer company, and it's famous jingle. They interviewed the person credited for writing it, and it was absolutely not the person who married us! Now I wonder if our marriage is even valid!

3) When I was 14 I hitchhiked from Pennsylvania to Florida. (Sorry, Mom.)

4) I have a fear of condiments used in excess. I am okay with a little mayo, but if it is oozing out of the sides of the sandwich, gross!
I am fine with a small amount of ketchup placed to the side of the fries, but am freaked if the same ketchup is poured onto the fries.
Mustard scares the crap out of me.

5) I am afraid of the dark.

6) I gave birth to one of my children at home, (intentionally) but I can't say which one, because she doesn't want anyone to know.

7) Even though I am suppose to pass this on, I am not going to, as I have a fear of tagging people, (same reason as phone phobia).

5 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I'm a little disturbed by over-condimenting too. I mean, is it really necessary?

Anonymous said...

ketchup is so sick, ewl!!!

I'll pretend you tagged me.

and oh my, a phone call from you would make my day!

*XOXO*

Victoria said...

You're so sweet, and by all means consider yourself tagged!

(nice to know others share similar feelings when it comes to condiments... I agree over-condimenting is totally unnecessary!)

Our Hands For Hope said...

That is too funny about the wiener jingle! I'd just keep telling people...it's a great story and know one will know! :)
Terisa

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

It's so funny to hear about your phone phobia, because I had a really good friend who was phone phobic, too! We went through a period of time when we talked on the phone every single day - but she would never be the one to call me! She gave the same reason that you did. She was always worried that there was something else that whoever she called would rather be doing than talking to her. Despite the fact that I assured her I would ALWAYS want to talk to her, I was still the one to make the calls.

She would probably be happy to know she's not alone... :)